Learn Italian with the Skills Centre as a member of the public or University staff
Find out about our courses and how to enrol on the right one for you.
We offer three levels in Italian, Complete Beginner, Lower Intermediate Part 1 and Advanced Part 1.
This course is ideal for you if you have never studied Italian before.
At the end of this course you will:
- have received an introduction to the language (pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar)
- be able to talk about topics such as food, free time, holidays, daily routine
- have learnt about Italian culture and society
Lower Intermediate Part 1
- have completed the Beginner course with us or have some notion of Italian (studied at least a year).
Or if you:
- can introduce yourself (name, nationality, age, address and phone number etc)
- can order food in a restaurant
- can express likes and dislikes
- have basic grammatical knowledge (verbs in the present, negative form etc)
Advanced Part 1
Enrol on this course if you:
- have studied Italian for at least 3 years or completed the B2 level of the Common European Framework.
Or if you can:
- express yourself fluently in Italian
- understand complex spoken or written Italian with ease, including different registers
- use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes
- understand authentic broadcasts (news bulletins, TV programs, podcasts, etc.)
- have a sound understanding of Italian grammar and syntax
The Autumn Term will start on 05 October. To enrol, you should select from the appropriate link below: