We offer various course levels in Spanish, from beginner to intermediate.
We teach European Spanish, but some references are made to the other forms of Spanish spoken around the world, especially to Spanish spoken in Latin America.
This level is suitable for those who have never studied Spanish before.
At the end of this course you will:
- have had an introduction to the language (pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar)
- be confident in exchanging personal information, daily and leisure activities
- have learnt about the culture of the countries where Spanish is spoken
Elementary Part 1
Enrol on this course if you have some notion of Spanish and/or have completed a beginner course in the past, or if you can:
- count at least up to 100 and know the Spanish alphabet
- understand basic classroom instructions
- give simple information about yourself (age, nationality, likes and dislikes etc)
- ask questions
- have a grasp of grammar rules (present tense, personal pronouns, adjectives etc)
Intermediate Part 1
Enrol on this course if you have completed the lower intermediate 1 level with us, have an AS level or equivalent in Spanish, or if you can:
- interact in Spanish in common situations with a degree of flexibility
- express opinions and engage in conversation on a number of non-abstract topics such as jobs and free time
- understand straightforward written texts on familiar topics such as travel and facts about society
- use and understand the past tenses
- talk about the environment
- understand news reports
The Autumn Term will start on 10 October 2022 and enrolments will be open for members the of public and staff on 12 September. To enrol, you should select from the appropriate link below: