- Once you have registered and received your library card you may use the University Library whenever it is open.
- You may borrow and reserve books and other material providing you do not have outstanding fines or overdue materials.
- You are entitled to receive help from library staff concerning your information and service needs.
- You are entitled to have information about library developments, activities and policies made publicly available.
- Your comments and suggestions about library services will always be welcomed and will be considered and responded to promptly and thoroughly.
- You are responsible for making yourself aware of and abiding by current library regulations including loans and fines policy. When you are issued your library card you are agreeing to abide by these rules and regulations. Your library card is for your own use only.
- You are responsible for all items issued to your card until they are returned and your record cleared. If you lose, deface or damage any library material you will be liable to pay for its replacement cost plus an administration fee.
- You are responsible for returning all items you borrow on or before the date or time of return.
- You are responsible for complying with copyright regulations when you copy materials within the library.
- You are responsible for using electronic resources in a way that complies with licensing requirements. Please refer to the Library's General Statement on using resources under licence.
- You should behave appropriately and with respect for other users and staff. Inappropriate behaviour includes smoking, making excessive noise in any area, or otherwise not following the Library’s general environment regulations.
Please help us to provide the best service we can to the whole community by taking your responsibilities seriously.