Link to General Induction Video 4:32
Transcript available PDF
If you still need further assistance please use our online query form and a member of library staff will be in contact to help.
You can also find a number of guides about referencing and citations, library services and online resources in PDF format online.
Issuing books using the self-issue machines
Members of the University Library are encouraged to self-issue loanable items from the Subject floor and the Language & Learning Zone collections using the two Self-Issue machines located on Level 2 near the Reader Services Desk. You will need your Library Card to borrow books.
- How to borrow a book using the Self-Issue Machines (1:01) Opens in Vimeo
Finding items on the Library Catalogue
- How to search for a book on the Catalogue (1:51) Transcript available PDF
- How to search for an e-book (1:51) Transcript available PDF
- How to search for an e-journal (2:02) Transcript available PDF
- How to search for a journal article (1:27) Transcript available PDF
- Saving books and journals to 'My Favourites' (3:08) Transcript available PDF
How to Find a book on the Library shelves
- How to find a book in the Library (2:25) Transcript available PDF
How to reserve books
- How to reserve a book which is out on loan (2:26) Transcript available PDF