Alumni Fund grants
Donations to the Alumni Fund are disbursed by the Alumni Fund Panel, which includes staff, students and donors to the University.
The range of projects which have been supported by the Fund is very wide. Please discuss your idea at an information session – please see dates and times in the Application procedure section below.
Applications must come from current staff and students at the University of Bath.
Applications for 2022/23 are now open.
The Panel looks for projects which:
- Demonstrably relate to a department, faculty, directorate or institutional strategy
- Provides benefit to the University, local, national or international community
- Are match-funded from another source, or include details of what alternative funding has been sought
- Support new activities which will become self-funding or achieve external support for the future
- Have permission from the relevant University authorities to go ahead (e.g. storage space, planning permission, etc.)
- The Panel will also consider applications which aim to replace worn-out equipment, which will benefit to teaching, learning or research
The Panel will not fund the following:
- Costs which might reasonably be covered by a registration or ticket price (for instance, costs associated with gifts or materials for conferences)
- Individual staff or student salaries, travel costs or fees (i.e. for conferences) unless as a component of a larger project
- Projects which directly raise funds for other charities
Applications are considered by the Alumni Fund Panel, which meets annually (usually in March).
Funds are made available each year for Students’ Union affiliated groups. SU clubs, teams and societies should apply directly to the Students’ Union.
Funding for Engineering competition teams will now be overseen by the Dean of the Faculty. Information will be sent to the teams directly.
Placement grants are also made available and these are administered through the Placement Teams.
We advise you to discuss your idea at an information session. You can book your session here.
The deadline for applications is 11.59pm (GMT) on 5 February 2023 and applications received after this date will not be considered. Successful applicants will be informed by the end of March 2023 and grants awarded in April 2023.