About PAL languages sessions
The PAL sessions are facilitated by PAL leaders, who are native or near native speakers of the language you are interested in.
During the PAL sessions you will be able to:
- practise the language outside the classroom
- improve your language and intercultural skills under the guidance of a fellow student
- meet with students from all disciplines and levels of study.
Sessions are available in:
- Mandarin Chinese
Benefits of attending and leading sessions
PAL sessions are a useful and fun way to build on the topics you are learning in the classroom or in your independent language learning.
You can also increase your intercultural knowledge by exploring the culture of the country or countries where the language you study is spoken.
As a PAL leader, you will:
- have the opportunity to celebrate your home culture
- gain valuable transferable skills, such as planning, facilitation, coaching, and leadership
- meet people from around the world.
The timetable for semester 1 2022/23 PAL language sessions will be published in due course.