Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
You'll need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from the University before you can apply for your Tier 4 visa.
How to get your CAS
A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number is a unique personal number that confirms that the University is prepared to sponsor you.
After meeting the conditions of your offer and accepting your place, you will receive an email informing you to complete the pre-CAS check questionnaire in Application Tracker. This will be no earlier than three months before your course start date. You do not need to contact us to start the process. You will be required to:
- log into Application Tracker and reply in full to the questions asked
- provide details of your immigration history
- detail any previous study in the UK
- provide a scan of your passport
If you need an ATAS certificate, you will have already been contacted about this. We will not issue your CAS statement until we have a copy of your ATAS certificate.
If we do not think that you will be able to make a successful visa application, or do not meet the University's requirements, it is within our rights to not issue you with a CAS.
Existing students must request a CAS number from us in order to apply for your Tier 4 visa.
Request a CAS using SAMIS
As an existing student you should request a CAS using SAMIS (the University's central database of student records).
- Log into SAMIS
- Click on 'Student Services Helpdesk' in the top right corner
- Click 'Student Immigration Service Helpdesk'
- Click on 'Ask a question'
- Click the blue box labelled 'Log enquiry'
- Select 'CAS request' (please state if you will be making your visa application overseas)
- Answer all questions and submit the request
A CAS summary will then be emailed directly to your University email account. You can use this summary to help you fill in your visa application form located on the government website.
All current students using the Tier 4 Extension Service should request a CAS at least two weeks before your Tier 4 extension appointment. You will be given your CAS number during this appointment. If any information is incorrect, email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that we can make any necessary changes before your appointment.
How long will it take for my CAS to be issued?
It typically takes up to 15 working days to issue your CAS once we have received all required information from you (either your pre-CAS check if you are a new applicant, or your CAS request if you are an existing student). Please note that at peak times the CAS processing team are very busy and there may be delays.
So that we can issue your CAS as quickly as possible, please ensure that:
- you read any requests for information carefully and respond in full
- you provide any documents requested