Amy Thompson Head of Policy Programmes and Communications
Amy leads the Bath Academy for Policy Engagement and is responsible for the IPR’s strategy to engage with, inform & influence policy decision-makers.
Amy's responsibilities include:
- Directing the Bath Policy Engagement Academy
- Directing the development and implementation of university wide policy engagement activities, including training
- Directing IPR Policy Programmes including: the portfolio of Policy Fellowship Programmes, Civil Service Masterclasses, and policy workshops
- Co-Director of ActNowFilm project
- University Head of Delegation and lead for UNFCCC
- Delivering the portfolio of IPR public lectures and events
- Managing the delivery of IPR publications
- University lead for the Universities Policy Engagement Network
- University lead for UK Universities Climate Network
- University lead for The Foundation for Science and Technology
- UNFCCC Head of Delegation, for the University of Bath
- University of Bath’s Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) Programme Board
A public policy and communications specialist with experience of connecting, and translating between, policy and research. I develop and deliver strategies to engage with, inform and influence policy audiences, as well as connecting research more widely through digital communications and public engagement.
I have significant experience in enabling policy engagement and policy impact, networking and translating between academia and policy audiences, developing communication strategies, production of policy publications and reports, and public engagement particularly at the interface between public policy research and policy engagement.
I have presented in the Green Zone at COP26, the Blue Zone at COP27 and will be presenting at COP28 this year.