Amy Thompson Head of Policy Programmes and Communications
Amy is responsible for the IPR’s strategy to engage with, inform & influence policy decision-makers as well as delivery of the IPR’s Communications.
Amy's responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of successful policy engagement.
- Delivery of IPR Policy Programmes including: the Policy Fellowship Programme, the IPR CSaP Affiliation Policy Fellowship Programme, Civil Service Learning Masterclass series, and the Visiting Fellows and Visiting Policy Fellows Schemes.
- Leading and advising on IPR strategic policy and communications activities.
- Delivering the portfolio of IPR public lectures and events.
- Managing the delivery of IPR publications.
- Leading IPR web strategy.
- University lead for the Universities Policy Engagement Network.
- University lead for COP26 Universities Network.
Amy is a policy engagement and communications specialist. Her experience spans corporate and digital communications, events and project management and effective policy engagement. Her work has included development and delivery of communications strategies for research, policy and the public; web development and redesign; integrated multi–media communications planning; policy engagement with local and central government; publication production and event management.
Amy works part-time, from Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 2:30pm.