Institute for Policy Research central team
We carry out public policy research, deliver programmes for policymakers, practitioners, researchers and postgraduates, and run high-profile public events.
We aim to further the public good through research into issues of significant relevance to policy debate and decision-making, build links with the worlds of policy and practice, and increase public understanding of policy research through our public events and publications.
We deliver activities for policymakers, researchers and practitioners to enable dual learning and original contributions to both research and practice.
- Professor Nick Pearce, IPR Director
- Dr Geoff Bates, Research Associate
- Dr Andrea Serna Castaño, Research Associate
- Xinyan Cheng, PhD Candidate
- Dr Joe Chrisp, Research Associate
- Professor James Copestake, Director of Studies for Professional Doctorate
- Dr Matt Dickson, Reader in Public Policy
- Seren Essex, PhD Candidate
- Dr Aida Garcia-Lazaro, Research Associate
- Dr Rita Griffiths, Research Fellow
- Julia Kreienkamp, Events and Communications Officer
- Dr Charlie Larkin, Director of Research
- Dr Kath Lee, ESRC Post Doc Research Fellow
- Jane Mackay, PhD Candidate
- Levana Magnus, PhD Candidate
- Professor Jane Millar, Emeritus Professor of Social Policy
- Alice Morrey, Research Assistant
- Dr Eric Qiao, Research Associate
- Laura Smyth, Research Assistant
- Amy Thompson, Head of Policy Programmes and Communications
- Claudia Torres Cervantes, IPR Co-ordinator
- Dr Marsha Wood, Research Assistant
Learn more about our Advisory Board.
Professional Doctorate students
Learn more about our students studying for the Professional Doctorate in Policy Research and Practice (DPRP).