One of the eligibility criteria for some of our undergraduate bursaries and scholarships is that you, your partner or a parent or guardian receives a state means-tested benefit.
These benefits should be received at the time of your student loans income assessment or in the most recent tax year before you start your studies.
State means-tested benefits include:
- Child Tax Credits (any element)
- Working Tax Credits (any element)
- Housing Benefits
- Council Tax Benefits
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments (not for a sibling or child)
- Income Support or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credits
- Universal Credits
- other qualifying European Union welfare benefits
You do not need to tell us about this when you apply for your course. We will ask you to provide information at a later date.
You can find more information about benefits on gov.uk.