Head of e-Learning
Room: WH 5.38
- leads the enhancement of learning and teaching through the use of technology by informing strategic institutional developments, managing large scale cross-institutional innovation projects and quality enhancement initiatives, providing guidance and support.
- leads the e-Learning Team which works in partnership with staff to embed the use of learning technologies into learning and teaching
- at a national level: a steering group member for the Heads of e-Learning Forum (HeLF), institutional lead for the Association of Learning Technologies, member of the JISC Learning and Teaching Experts Group, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- working in the field of e-learning since 1997 with over 15 years’ experience in the use of technology for the enhancement of learning and teaching
- Head of Research, Innovation and Educational Technology at Middlesex University - leading the development of Distance Learning initiatives
- coordinated the national e-Learning and First Year Student Experience (ELFYSE) special interest group
- published numerous works in books and journals in the field of e-learning and educational development and is a peer reviewer for academic journals
- author of a number of best practice guides available freely across the HE sector for academics, students, learning technologists and those researching their own profession
- presented and facilitated workshops at over 30 national and international conferences on topics relating to e-learning, staff development, managing change, and the first year experience.
- bid for, received funding and has led on research projects funded by the Higher Education Academy, JISC, MillionPlus and the Leadership Foundation in Higher Education.
- Doctorate in Education (EdD), Institute of Education, University of London - currently completing doctoral research which focuses on educational leadership across the UK higher education sector with regard to e-learning
A selection of works published by Kyriaki Anagnostopoulou:
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Parmar, D. (Eds) (2010) Supporting the First Year Student Experience through the Use of Learning Technologies. Middlesex University & The Higher Education Academy
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Quinsee, S. (2010) Researching one’s own profession: considerations and guidance Report to the Higher Education Academy
- Anagnostopoulou, K. (2010) Leading learning…or being led by it? An exploration of the possible relationship between conceptions of and approaches to learning and the exercise of leadership by Heads of e-Learning, Final report to the Leadership Foundation in Higher Education
- Anagnostopoulou, K., Parmar, D. and Priego-Hernandez, J. (2009) An exploration of perceptions of learning and e-learning held by students who withdraw and those who persist with UK higher education Brookes e-Journal of learning and teaching, 2 (4)
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Parmar, D. (2008). Practical guide: bringing together e-learning and student retention London, Cats Ltd
- Anagnostopoulou, K., Parmar, D., and Priego-Hernandez, J. (2008) Final Report to the HEA: Managing Connections: Using e-Learning tracking Information to improve retention rates in higher education
- Anagnostopoulou, K., Parmar, D., and Priego-Hernandez, J. (2008) The first year student experience and its relation to e-learning and technology: hearing the voice of withdrawn and persistent learners Paper presented at the SRHE Annual Conference, Liverpool, 9-11 December 2008
- Haynes, M. and Anagnostopoulou, K. (2005) Managing Online Learning London, Middlesex University
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Haynes, M. (2005) eLearning – Authoring and Reviewing Materials London, Middlesex University
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Haynes, M. (2005) eLearning – A study Guide (2nd ed) London, Middlesex University
- Haynes, M. and Anagnostopoulou, K. (2005) eLearning – A tutor guide (2nd ed) London, Middlesex University
- Haynes M., Bakry W-E and Anagnostopoulou K., (2004) Ensuring quality enhancement through the four pronged approach to supporting online learning. Proceedings of the 21st ICDE World Conference - Lifelong Learning in the Networked World, Hong Kong, 18-21 February 2004
- Haynes, M. Anagnostopoulou K., Bakry, W. (2004) Measuring quality enhancement through the four pronged approach to supporting online learning. Open Praxis, Bulletin of the International Council for Open and Distance Education Vol 1 pp 12-15
- Anagnostopoulou, K. (2002) Designing to Learn and Learning to Design: an overview of instructional design models LTSN, York
- Haynes, M. and Anagnostopoulou, K. (2001) What’s in it for us? On-line Learning Environments in Fallows, S. and Bhanot, R. (Eds) "Educational Development Through Information and Communications Technologies" London, Kogan Page
- Jackson, B. and Anagnostopoulou, K. (2001) Making the right connections: improving quality in online learning in Stephenson, J. (Ed) "Teaching and Learning Online: new pedagogies for new technologies" London, Kogan Page