We’ve heard through our staff surveys that many of you are keen to have opportunities to reconnect with colleagues and campus life. We are prioritising staff wellbeing and cautiously reopening facilities, in line with the UK Government's roadmap.
Please observe the ‘hands, face, space’ rules we still have in place to help keep one another safe and would encourage meeting outdoors when the weather permits.
- Catch up with colleagues in the Claverton Rooms: from Monday 17 May, you will be able to use the Claverton Rooms to meet colleagues in person over food or drink. This hospitality outlet will be open from 10am-2.30pm with service to the table using the Kafoodle app for hot drinks and cakes. Please leave the windows open and wear face coverings when moving about the building.
- Hit the gym or play a sport: Our Sports Training Village is reopening in line with the roadmap. You can now use the gym or book a tennis court, amongst other activities.
- Meet your colleagues for a socially-distanced coffee. There are take away outlets in 4 West, the Lime Tree and the Hut by the Lake, as well as table service in the marquee on the Chancellors’ Green. Picnic tables are now available in several locations on campus.
- Go for a walk or a jog: our campus is looking green and beautiful, so if you’re working at the University, take advantage of the woodland walks and nearby trails, either alone or with a colleague. The showers on campus are now open and operational.
- Get a seated meal or drink: Enjoy outdoor hospitality in the new covered marquee at the Chancellor’s Green or on the terrace by the Parade Bar, both serving food and drink with table service as are The Plug and The Tub in the SU. Check the opening times online.
- Stock up at our campus shop: Fresh store has been open throughout the last year and is still here to supply you with food and other essentials when you’re on campus.
- Reconnect with campus using our new walking tour: Been a while since you were on campus? Or new to the University and never been? Our self-guided campus walking tour has something for everyone, including some hidden gems and history dug up from the University Archives that may be new to you, however long you’ve been with us.
- Book a meeting room for a private meeting: we will shortly be releasing a limited number of rooms available to book through a TopDesk form if you need to meet colleagues in person. These rooms will be regularly cleaned and the maximum capacity limits will need to be observed alongside the signage in place regarding the Covid secure rules still applicable on campus. In the meantime, if you urgently need a room you can e-mail timetabling. Heads of Department can still e-mail the Vice-Chancellor’s office to book the Board Room, 4 West 3.25 and the Council Chamber.
- Book onto our summer activities: we have a range of Covid-secure activities for staff as well as students, please use our bookings system to secure your slot.
- Book a Covid test: it only takes 10 minutes to get a free Covid test at The Edge. This programme is helping to keep our campus community safe as restrictions ease so we urge all coming to campus to get tested twice a week, or whenever you visit if less frequently.