Dear colleague,

As the date for the UK’s departure from the EU approaches, I wanted to reiterate some of the support and guidance the University is offering.

If you are an EU citizen, you and your family members are able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020. We have produced a guide to the EU Settlement Scheme and how you can apply.

There is further advice and guidance on a range of topics for students and staff on our Brexit web pages.

If you have concerns, do speak to your line manager or Head of Department. If they are unable to help, please contact the HR team who will try and provide support. Wellbeing support is also available from the Staff Counselling Service.

If you are a manager please read our guidance on supporting existing staff and recruiting new staff.

The Student Immigration Service offers support to our student community and has enhanced its advice service to support students through the EU Settlement Scheme. If you have concerns about a student related to Brexit, please call Student Services on extension 4321.

With kind regards,

Richard Brooks Director of Human Resources