Following the end of the marking and assessment boycott, we are very pleased that final marks have now replaced interim marks, and students have received their academic decisions.

If you have questions about your academic circumstances or what your decisions mean, please contact your Director of Studies.

Your Director of Studies can offer you advice about your specific academic circumstances; if they are unavailable, please contact your Head of Department. Doctoral students can also receive support from the Doctoral College.

Support services

There is a range of support networks at the University should you need them.

The University’s Wellbeing Service is available seven days a week. You can book an appointment online or get in touch by phone (01225 383838) or email ( All the services are confidential.

Our Be Well - Talk Now service also provides free, confidential advice and support by phone, video call or live chat from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

The Advice & Support Team at the Students’ Union offers independent advice on academic processes, including how to make an academic appeal or complaint.

Our Disability Service can provide specialist advice during your studies, including liaising with your department to recommend study adjustments (such as exam arrangements) and applying for one-to-one support.

Academic appeals

If you wish to make an academic appeal, guidance can be found at Appealing against an academic decision.


If you do want to make a complaint, you may be able to resolve your concerns by talking with your head of department. They will have an informal discussion with you and can offer help, guidance and support. If you are still unhappy, you may wish to submit a formal complaint to the University. Visit Guidance for students: making a complaint page for more information.

The SU Advice & Support Centre is independent of the University and can also help you with this process and you can contact them through

If you are not happy with how we handle your complaint, we subscribe to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA)  where you would be able to refer to for an independent review once the formal University complaint process is complete.