SURVEY NOW CLOSED - thank you to everyone who completed it.
Staff and student input to how the University of Bath achieves the goals of its Climate Action Framework and Net Zero Carbon commitments is vital. Since last years’ survey we have taken your responses (shared in these blogs) and delivered:
- Launched pilot of new Climate Advocate roles for staff
- Extended LEAF lab sustainability programme to almost 20% labs
- Run the largest Climate Fresk workshop in the UK, for almost 400 students last month
Our carbon emissions come from every area of our activity across the University, and we will need to reduce them across the board to achieve our target of being net zero by 2040. Many of these issues are complex to tackle, and some issues are more relevant than others, depending on their contribution to our overall carbon footprint.
We take a whole institution approach to tackling the climate emergency, through cutting emissions and embedding climate action in how we do business, leading research and high-quality teaching.
To achieve our ambitious Net Zero goals, transformational change is required across our work and community. But how do we prioritise action? We need everyone in our community to be driving change, and your views provided through this survey will help guide how we approach the climate emergency in balance with the rest of our institutions’ aims. This annual survey will also help measure progress towards our goals.
The topics of the questions asked in the survey cover just a snapshot of the areas we’re working on. To recognise your time in completing the survey, we are offering staff and student prize draws to win a Bath Gift card valid for over 200 shops, restaurants, cafes and businesses in Bath:
- 1st prize – £300 voucher (one each for students and staff)
- 2nd prize – £200 voucher (one each for students and staff)
- 3rd prize – £100 voucher (one each for students and staff)
- 4th prize – £50 voucher (one each for students and staff)
- 5th prize – £25 voucher (one each for students and staff)
The survey will be open until midnight on Sunday 26 November. View prize draw terms and conditions.
We really appreciate you taking the time to input, thank you.