Successful managers understand and practice good coaching skills with their teams. Quality coaching conversations can be some of the most difficult to have but are essential when developing the performance of a team and individuals.
This is an introductory workshop, which is suitable to those new to coaching. We spend time helping to clarify your understanding of what it is to coach as a manager. We will focus on developing key coaching skills and on using the GROW coaching model. This highly interactive, skills based course will allow a safe space to practice your coaching skills and to experience being coached yourself.
After the session you will be able to use your personal action plan to help embed your new coaching skills back in the workplace.
- This course will be delivered on campus as an in-person event over one 3.5 hour session (including a short break)
- There is a requirement to complete pre-work in advance and post work after the session
- You must be able to commit to the session and all the required work
Who should attend
- Anyone with responsibility for managing teams and/or individuals
- Those without previous knowledge of a coaching approach
Kate Elliott, Coaching Psychologist & OD Consultant