'Static' regulatory frameworks are becoming a concept of the past. Yet, while investors cannot predict the future regulatory regimes (as they don't know how markets themselves are going to change), it is critical for investors to have confidence in the quality of the decisions regulators will take in the future, and the currently chosen development trajectory.
With this in mind, this strand of research by the Centre for Governance, Regulation and Industrial Strategy (CGR&IS) explores a wide range of topics of interest and benefit to many areas of industry.
- Effectiveness of innovation policies (Chris Dimos, Phil Tomlinson)
- Smart specialisation in lagging regions (Felicia Fai, Phil Tomlinson)
- Impact of industrial strategy initiatives within firms (Chris Dimos, Felicia Fai, Phil Tomlinson)
- Banking business models and their performance (Ru Xie, Simone Giansante)
- Micro-firms' regulation and performance (Marc Betton, Rob Branston)
- Financial instruments and dividend policies (Winifred Huang, David Newton)
- Entertainment, cultural and information industries (Joanna Syrda)
- Changes in the composition of the corporate sector on risk and investment (Ania Zalewska)