Terms of reference
The Court shall have the following functions:
- To make representations pursuant to Article 4 of the Charter for the appointment of a Visitor.
- After consideration of such reports or recommendations as are required by these Statutes to appoint the Chancellor and Pro-Chancellors.
- To receive from the Vice-Chancellor an Annual Report on the working of the University and to receive the annual audited Statement of Accounts of the University.
- On the joint recommendation of the Council and the Senate to amend, add to or repeal any Article of the Charter in accordance with Article 29 of the Charter.
- To make representations to the Council on any matter affecting the University.
Appointment of Chair
The Chancellor (or Pro-Chancellor in the absence of the Chancellor) shall chair.
There are no specified alternates.
There shall be a quorum at meetings of 25 members. See Section 28.1 of the Statutes.
Rules for voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to Council.
Standing orders of Court
Approval Date: 1996, revised in 2000 and 2006
Approved By: Privy Council
Date of last review: 2006