Terms of Reference
Approved by the Priviy Council in 1996, revised in 2000 and 2006.
The Court shall have the following functions:
- To make representations pursuant to Article 4 of the Charter for the appointment of a Visitor.
- After consideration of such reports or recommendations as are required by these Statutes to appoint the Chancellor and Pro-Chancellors.
- To receive from the Vice-Chancellor an Annual Report on the working of the University and to receive the annual audited Statement of Accounts of the University.
- On the joint recommendation of the Council and the Senate to amend, add to or repeal any Article of the Charter in accordance with Article 29 of the Charter.
- To make representations to the Council on any matter affecting the University.
- Procedure: Sections 13-15 of the Statutes, Ordinance 7
- Appointment of Chair: Chancellor (or Pro-Chancellor in the absence of the Chancellor)
- Co-option: See Section 13 of the Statutes
- Alternates: None specified
- Quorum: 25 members (Section 28.1 of the Statutes)
- Rules for voting: None specified
- Minutes: Submitted to Council
If you have any questions relating to Court email email@example.com