We have 20,311 students enrolled. 32% come from outside the UK, representing 153 nationalities.
- 14,481 undergraduates
- 5,830 postgraduates
- 45.4% female students
- 54.3% male students
- 0.3% students who do not identify as male or female
Placements and employment
- Approximately 62% of our undergraduates who completed their course in the 2021/22 academic year chose a placement or study year abroad option
- 93% of our full-time UK-based graduates were in high-skilled employment 15 months after leaving university in 2020, compared to 73% nationally1
- 53% of Bath graduates2 had a salary of £30,000 or above compared to 23% nationally, 15 months after leaving1
- We are one of the 20 universities most targeted by Britain’s top graduate employers in 2022-20233
1 Data from HESA Graduate Outcomes survey 2019/20. Refers to full-time UK domiciled first degree 2019/20 graduates, who entered work in the UK, 15 months after leaving university.
2 Data from HESA Graduate Outcomes survey 2019/20. Refers to full-time UK domiciled first degree 2019/20 graduates, who entered full-time paid employment in the UK and with paid employment as most important activity, 15 months after leaving university.
Contains Higher Education Statistics Agency Data: Copyright Jisc 2022. Jisc cannot accept responsibility for any inferences or conclusions derived by third parties from its data.
3 Data from High Fliers survey on the Graduate Market 2023.
- Our research grants and contracts portfolio is worth around £169 million and consists of around 160 funders
- In the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 92% of our research was defined as world-leading or internationally excellent
- We have been awarded two Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education, most recently in 2011 for our 'Influential research into child poverty and support for vulnerable people'
- In the last decade, we have invested over £450 million in our campus - this includes new accommodation, academic buildings, and sports facilities such as the Olympic Legacy swimming pool
- Our library is open 24 hours a day, every day
- The Edge, our £10.9 million arts and management building, opened in February 2016
- We invested £4.5 million in redeveloping the former Bath police station into The Virgil Building, which features a student learning zone and hosts some of our professional services
- In 2022, we opened the new School of Management building, which includes a 250 seat auditorium, an Employability Hub and a Behavioural Research Lab
- Our £35 million Sports Training Village (STV) – open to students, staff, and the public all year round – has indoor and outdoor facilities to accommodate a wide range of sports, gym, and fitness activities
- Around 250 international-level athletes and more than 20 regional or national sport squads base themselves at the STV or have their national governing body (NGB) based here
- University of Bath-based sportspeople won 19 medals at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, 10 of them gold, and followed that up with 29 more medals at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The University of Bath is hosting the UIPM Modern Pentathlon and Laser Run World Championships in August 2023, a qualifying event for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- We have over 150,000 alumni living and working in more than 170 countries around the world - find out about some of our notable alumni
- Our alumni and friends pledged over £68 million to support our students and researchers during our Look Further campaign
- Alumni gifts have supported over 2,470 scholarship and bursary recipients at undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD level
- Our largest donation came from our alumnus Dr Jonathan Milner, who donated £5 million to fund the Milner Centre for Evolution