About the workshop
The aim of this workshop is to raise awareness of available resources and programs which you can use to help you with your studying. You can increase your studying speed and spend less time producing better quality assignments.
No prior knowledge is required to sign up for this course.
What you will learn
You will learn how to:
- plan and set tasks using available technology
- use available tools for planning various stages of your projects and assignments
- use technology to manage your revision
- save time when studying
- improve efficiency and produce written work more quickly
- gather useful resources in one place
You will also gain a better understanding of assistive technology and how it can help you.
At the beginning of the workshop, we will identify software that might be helpful specifically for you.
We will guide you through the session and answer any questions you might have. You will receive handouts which will help you learn about our software and show you how you can make the most of it.
Book your place
To sign up for the tutor-led workshop, you will need to fill out our form. In the ‘Brief Description’ field type: ‘productivity workshop’ and in the full description box enter the date you wish to attend the workshop.
This workshop will run twice during the Induction - Skills and Employability week:
- 14:15-16:00 Monday 15th October 2018 (Location: 6 West IT Training Room 0.11)
- 11:15-13.15 Wednesday 17th October 2018 (Location: 6 West IT Training Room 0.11)
If you are interested in this event but are unable to attend either of the above sessions, please submit a request via the form, and in the 'Full Description' field type 'please contact me with alternative dates'.
There is a disabled access to the building, a gender-neutral and accessible toilet is available on the same floor.
If you have got any special requirements or would like the handouts in an alternative format, please let us know when filling out the registration form for the workshop.