Why you might use Microsoft PowerPoint
PowerPoint is a software programme from Microsoft which you can use to create slide show presentations by adding text, images and videos to a series of slides.
In addition to creating your slide show, PowerPoint offers you functionality to:
- Collaborate with others and co-author your content by working on a shared online PowerPoint file.
- Get design ideas for your slides with PowerPoint Designer.
- Rehearse your presentation in advance and get feedback with Speaker Coach.
- See your presenter notes and upcoming slides when presenting Live.
- Enable your audience to open hyperlinks within your slides, and translate slide contents into their chosen language.
Access online guidance and resources
- Create slides and layouts.
- Share and co-author your presentation with others.
- Present slideshows.
- Translate PowerPoint presentations in real time with slide translation or automatic live subtitles.
- Rehearse and time the delivery of your presentation or get feedback with speaker coach.
In addition, review the guidance on storing and sharing files to help you determine the best place to keep your presentation. Your University OneDrive is deleted when you leave the University, so it's best to create or move your file elsewhere unless it's personal to you.