Why you might use Outlook
Outlook is a Microsoft tool to send and receive emails and manage your calendar. It offers you functionality to:
- Organise your inbox and focus on the email that matter most.
- Manage your mail with automate replies and task management features.
- Manage your calendar and meetings.
Access online guidance and resources
- Create and send email, including setting up your email signature.
- Set up auto replies when you're out of office
- Organise your inbox by using categories and folders, or set up rules to move, flag, and respond to email messages automatically.
- Create tasks and build a To Do list.
Alternatively, you can access PDF manuals via Moodle.
Share files using a shareable link
Rather than attaching a physical file, create a shareable link to your online file and set the permissions so that others can view or edit.
Sharing a link to a file makes sharing:
- More secure.
- Saves you time as you can co-author and collaborate online and in real time.
- Reduces the risk of having multiple copies of the same file.
Review the guidance on storing and sharing files to help you determine the best place to keep your document. Your University OneDrive is deleted when you leave the University, so it's best to create or move your file elsewhere unless it's personal to you.