In Pure, records can be linked to each other to indicate that there is a connection between them. For example, publications can be linked to a project. This is known as ‘relations’ in Pure.
Create relations between records for:
- reporting on research outcomes
- linking together information for impact case studies
You can check what content is linked to a record by viewing the selection called 'Relations'. Any linked content will be listed.
To add a new link:
- Open the record (for example, a project record).
- Scroll down to the ‘Relations’ section.
- Select the ‘+’ button underneath the content type you want to add (for example, 'Research output') to activate a drop down list of your records.
- Your records will be displayed. Click on the record you want to link to.
- Select 'Save'.
You can also search for a record if it is not displayed.
Examples of content to link
- Linking research outputs to projects, to improve reporting to funding bodies (eg, we can upload data onto ResearchFish on your behalf if links between publications and projects have been created)
- Linking research outputs and activities to impact records, to help document your pathway to impact
- Linking research outputs to the relevant equipment/facility, to support ongoing provision