You can purchase IT and AV hardware from a University contracted supplier. Contact your IT supporter to request a desktop/laptop or tablet and your AV supporter to request AV equipment .
Please include as much detail as possible in your request so that the supporter can best advise you, including:
- technical specification requirements
- what general tasks you will be doing with the device
- what software you will need installed
You can also visit us at the IT Shop where we have a variety of demo devices from our contracted suppliers.
Requesting devices from other suppliers
In some circumstances, where there is a specific need, requests for devices from other IT suppliers may be considered.
- You should fill out an ITPAR form to request such items. The form must be completed with a strong business case for the alternative hardware.
- Your request will be considered by the Assistant Director of User Services, DDaT once you have returned the form to us.
Please contact us for guidance.
See the Procurement policy (2.1 - IT Purchasing) for more details. Any cost incurred by an individual outside of this policy will not be reimbursed by the University.