Working with CREA
Find out how you can work with our Centre for Research in Education in Asia (CREA) as a research partner, visiting scholar or postgraduate student.
Our team currently works with a constellation of partners across Asia and we are always looking to expand our network where there is room.
We are keen to hear from individuals and research teams who are interested in developing mutually beneficial and high-impact projects.
Members of our team visit Asia regularly throughout the year to meet with current partners and develop further connections and as long as we have the capacity at Bath, we are always interested in hearing about potential work in any of our thematic research areas:
- Educational Policy
- Educational (in)Equality
- Educational Leadership, Management and Governance
- Development and Sustainability
- Environmental education
- Language Education
We're always happy to talk through ideas. You can contact us at email@example.com
If you are a researcher, it may be worth your while applying to spend 6 to 12 months as an Academic Visitor at the University of Bath. We welcome applications from academics at any stage of their career and from universities across Asia.
Successful applications will be provided with a shared workspace in the Department of Education, access to our library, and an affiliated email address, not to mention a professional collaborative work environment in which to complete your proposed work.
- Identify a researcher who you would like to collaborate with or be supervised by. Please make sure you familiarise yourself with their work and write a strong research proposal to include in your application, as this informs a large part of our decision.
- Complete the CREA Visiting Academic Application Form containing a clear proposal for how you would use your time. This should include a demonstration of how your work relates to CREA's goals and strategies.
- If your application is successful, you must attend an online interview with our directors.
- If you pass the interview stage, you should begin preparations to move to the UK. At this stage you should organise the payment of a bench fee of £3,000 for 12 months, or £2,500 for 6 months (most of our academic visitors secure funding to cover this).
- Before you arrive in the UK, you must organise your own housing, childcare, travel, and visa (we can provide documentation to support this). Unfortunately, we are not able to help further with these aspects of your stay.
We endeavour to provide a decision on your application within two weeks of receiving it.
Visiting as a Doctoral Researcher
We also accept applications from PhD students. If you are interested in working at the Centre for anywhere from 4 to 12 months, please first identify a supervisor to work with and complete the CRECEA Visiting Academic Application Form.
The University is usually able to offer a fee waiver for 4 month visits. Longer visits are allowed, but they must be justified and will be liable to a fee of around £17,500 per annum (pro rata). This means that, for example, if you plan to visit for 6 months and receive a 4 month waiver, you will have to pay around £3,000.
Please note that this does not include living expenses.
We especially welcome applications from certain universities in China, who may be eligible for a 12 month fee waiver and financial stipend to support living costs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for more details.