The Doctoral College team provides support to all prospective and current doctoral students to enable them to join and thrive in our research community.
We support and enrich the experience of our doctoral researchers and play a key role in developing policy and strategy relevant to doctoral study.
If you're interested in applying for doctoral study at the University of Bath, our Admissions team are here to help you with enquiries, support you through your application, and give information about studentships. Find out about our:
- programmes of study
- Doctoral Training Partnerships and Centres for Doctoral Training
- funding for postgraduate research
- how to apply for doctoral study
You can also experience the University at our next Postgraduate Virtual Open Day.Find out more about applying for postgraduate research
We understand that doing a research degree is a significant undertaking and can be challenging. We have a range of support for our students and staff who work with them. For example:
- advice and support
- resources for doctoral students
- resources for staff who support doctoral students
- doctoral student handbook
- funding opportunities for current students
- peer mentoring
There are many ways for you to get involved with your research community.
- get involved with one of our events:
- organise your own event:
- take part in one of our competitions:
- nominate yourself or others for an award
- read doctoral student blogs
Gaining transferable skills can enhance your future career prospects. Read about the difference it makes, find out how to get started and book onto a DoctoralSkills course.Find out more about professional development
On 26 January 2021 we announced the winner of the first Snap! Your Doctorate competition.
A group of doctoral students created a podcast series documenting the 'lockdown experiences' of University students and staff in these unprecedented times.
Entrepreneurial students snapped up a two-day workshop to learn how to spot commercial opportunities in their research.