The Higher Education Academy Mathematics, Statistics & Operational Research (MSOR) Network (now closed) and the Higher Education (HE) STEM Programme including the Mathematical Sciences HE Curriculum Innovation Project provided funding to develop and report on the following.
MSOR Access Working Group (AccessMSORWG)
Cliffe, E. & Rowlett, P. eds., 2012. Good Practice on Inclusive Curricula in the Mathematical Sciences, National HE STEM Programme: Mathematical Sciences HE Curriculum Innovation Project.
Methods to produce flexible and accessible learning resources in mathematics
A lecturer's guide to methods to produce flexible and accessible learning resources in mathematics.
A paper outlining the development of this resource can be found at: Cliffe, E. & White, J., 2012. Methods to Produce Flexible and Accessible Learning Resources in Mathematics. In Student-centred Approaches in Mathematics. National HE STEM Programme: Mathematical Sciences HE Curriculum Innovation Project, pp. 35–43.
Mathematics Group Work and Asperger Syndrome Working Group
Cliffe, E. & Bradshaw, N.-A., 2012. Autism Spectrum Disorders and Group Work in Mathematics. In Student-centred Approaches in Mathematics. National HE STEM Programme: Mathematical Sciences HE Curriculum Innovation Project, pp. 45–47.
An event on transition to HE for students with visual impairment (VI) in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
This event brought together: higher education students and staff with VI alongside staff with experience of working with students with VI, teachers and representatives from Sensory Support Services, the RNIB and JISC TechDis.
Transition to higher education for students with visual impairments in STEM subjects is a report produced as an outcome of a Disability Practitioner Event: Are we doing it right?. The report is available in:
- Mar 2013: HEA funded AccessMSORWG Mathematical Study Without Pen and Paper: Experiences, Impacts and Options
- Jan 2013: HESTEM funded workshop Accessible learning resources in mathematics
- Sep 2012: HESTEM funded workshop Transition to HE: Exploring barriers to STEM for students with visual impairments
- May 2012: HESTEM funded workshop Mathematics group work and Asperger syndrome 2
- Mar 2012: HESTEM funded workshop Mathematics group work and Asperger syndrome 1
- Jan 2012: MSOR funded AccessMSORWG Accessibility Group Workshop - 'The Wider Picture'
- Feb 2011: MSOR/HESTEM funded AccessMSORWG Maths, Stats and OR Accessibility Workshop