Due to the current situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID 19) MASH will be offering the following drop-in services:
- face to face drop-in on campus in the Skillszone, 6E2.8, between 13:15 and 15:15 every weekday - you must book before arrival.
- online drop-in support channel via Microsoft Teams which will be monitored between 13:15 and 15:15 every weekday
- specialist statistics advice bookable appointments (Final Year students, PhD and MSc only).
Online services will commence from Monday 28th of September. We hope to commence face to face services on the same date, however, we currently waiting on the installation of Perspex shields so the start date maybe delayed - please check back for more information.
How does the face to face drop-in work?
First, check drop-in availability online and book yourself in. Once booked in come along to the Skillszone, 6E2.8, with your maths, statistics or programming question. Follow the one-way system and signage in place then take a seat as directed by a tutor. To keep both yourself and the tutors safe from infection there will be Perspex screens in place. Also, we ask that you do not share pieces of paper with the tutors due to transmission risk. In order to ensure adequate ventilation in the room the windows will be open. This means that it may get cold so please bring a coat. Please note, you will not be able to check for drop-in availability until the service resumes.
How does the online MASH support channel work?
The online MASH support channel will be conducted via Microsoft Teams, which is freely available and an account is already set up for you using your university username and password. The link to joining the channel will prompt you to download the Teams app or give you the option to continue to the channel in your web browser. A member of the MASH team will ask you about your question and direct you to an appropriate member of the team. You may notice other people in the channel, they are either MASH tutors or other students waiting for help.
What are the technical requirements?
- A device with a good quality internet connection
- A microphone and speaker
- Microsoft Teams. This is available as a free app, or works in a web browser.