We are responsible for financial strategy, budget setting, annual accounts, monitoring of investment activity and capital expenditure.
The Finance Committee is responsible to Council for the finances of the University, including:
- financial strategy
- budget setting
- annual accounts
- monitoring of investment activity
- consideration of capital expenditure
You can find out the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year which is subject to review. The terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- Mr J Preston, Chair (Treasurer), ex-officio
- Professor I White, Vice-Chancellor, ex-officio
- Mrs M Bond, Lay Member of Council, elected by Council, term of office 2020
- Professor T Ibell, Member of Council/Senate, elected by Council, term of office 2023
- Dr J White, Member of Council/Senate, elected by Council, term of office 2020
- Miss A Willingham, Student Governor, term of office 2021
- Professor B Morley, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Provost
- Dr N Kemp, Director of Policy, Planning & Compliance
- Mr T Williams, Head of Management Accounting
- Mr M Williams, Director of Finance
- Mr K Zimmerman, Chief Operating Officer
- Mr M Whalley, Director of Estates
- Mr S Fenne, Deputy Director of Finance