We are responsible for financial strategy, budget setting, annual accounts, monitoring of investment activity and capital expenditure.
The Finance Committee is responsible to Council for the finances of the University, including:
- financial strategy
- budget setting
- annual accounts
- monitoring of investment activity
- consideration of capital expenditure
You can find out the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find out about our meeting dates.
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year, which is subject to review.
- John Preston, Chair (Treasurer), ex-officio
- Professor Ian White, Vice-Chancellor, ex-officio
- Maria Bond, Lay Member of Council, elected by Council
- Professor Tim Ibell, Member of Council/Senate, elected by Council
- Don McLaverty, Lay Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Sujata McNab, Lay Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Dr Jane White, Member of Council/Senate, elected by Council
- Annie Willingham, Student Governor