We are responsible for financial strategy, budget setting, annual accounts, monitoring of investment activity and capital expenditure.
The Finance Committee is responsible to Council for the finances of the University, including:
- financial strategy
- budget setting
- annual accounts
- monitoring of investment activity
- consideration of capital expenditure
You can find out the full responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Find our deadlines for submitting papers in the 2022/23 academic year
Find out about our meeting dates.
You can download a committee report template in accessible format
Council appoints members to committees for a term of one year, which is subject to review.
- Calum Mercer, Chair (Treasurer), ex-officio
- Professor Ian White, Vice-Chancellor, ex-officio
- Pamela Chesters, Lay Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Don McLaverty, Lay Member of Council, appointed by Council
- Dr Andrew Ross, appointed by Council
- Julia Kildyushova, Student Governor
- Professor Phil Allmendinger, Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Dr Randolf Cooper, Chief Operating Officer (Interim)
- Stephanie Court, Head of Management Accounting
- Simon Fenne, Deputy Director of Finance
- Alexander Robinson, Student Governor, Observer
- Martin Williams, Director of Finance