Skip to main content


Find out which visa type you need, how to apply and how our Student Immigration Service can help you with your visa questions.

Applying for your visa

You can find out more about how to apply for your visa, and the steps involved in the visa application process, in our guides.

Student visa extension service

Student support

If you're a student on a full-time or pre-sessional course, you can apply to extend your visa through our Student visa extension service.

Graduate visa

Find out how to apply for the Graduate visa after you have successfully completed your studies.

Starting your course on a Student visa

Read our guides to ensure you are fully prepared to start your course and are familiar with your responsibilities as a Student visa holder.

Register with the police

If you are an international student you may need to register with the police. If you are already registered, you may wish to amend your details. Find out how.

Advice and guidance

Read our advice about preparing for your visa and the common questions applicants have about them. You can also find out how to get more guidance from our Student Immigration team.

Working in the UK

Students at the University are often able to work while studying. However, there are several rules and regulations that you must know about and follow if you wish to do this.

Guidance on UK’s exit from EU

Find out how Britain's exit from the European Union could affect you.

Important information

You should make sure that you have read and understood our information about the University's responsibilities to you and the UK government, and your own responsibilities while studying in the UK on your visa.

Information for staff

Find the information you need to help students and make sure the University remains UKVI compliant.

Student Immigration Service

We provide support to prospective and current international students, on all matters to do with student visas and immigration.