Find out which visa type you need, how to apply and how our Student Immigration Service can help you with your visa questions.

Applying for your visa

You can find out more about how to apply for your visa, and the steps involved in the visa application process, in our guides.

Tier 4 Extension Service

Student support

If you're a student on a full-time or pre-sessional course, you can apply to extend your visa through our Tier 4 Extension Service.

Tier 4 visa pilot

Guidance for one-year full-time master's course applicants applying for a Tier 4 visa.

Advice and guidance

Read our advice about preparing for your visa and the common questions applicants have about them. You can also find out how to get more guidance from our Student Immigration team.

Working in the UK

Students at the University are often able to work while studying. However, there are several rules and regulations that you must know about and follow if you wish to do this.

Brexit guidance

Find out how Britain's exit from the European Union could affect you.

Brexit guidance videos

UKCISA, Universities UK, the NUS and the British Council have created some films to answer your questions about Brexit and studying in the UK as an EU national.

Important information

You should make sure that you have read and understood our information about the University's responsibilities to you and the UK government, and your own responsibilities while studying in the UK on your visa.

Information for staff

Find the information you need to help students and make sure the University remains UKVI compliant.

Student Immigration Service

We provide support to prospective and current international students, on all matters to do with student visas and immigration.