Our research is based on teams focusing on particular research areas but with a strong culture of collaboration and mutual support.
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 88% of our research in all areas (Pure and Applied Mathematics, Statistics and Probability) was rated world leading/internationally excellent. The results of REF 2014 confirm the excellence of the research carried out in the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
Mathematical Sciences Research Centres:
- Centre for Mathematical Biology
- Centre for Nonlinear Mechanics
- Centre for Networks and Collective Behaviour
- Probability Laboratory at Bath
The groups within Mathematical Sciences include:
- Algebra and Geometry
- Analysis and Differential Equations
- Dynamical Systems and Complexity
- Mathematical Control Theory
- Industrial Applied Mathematics
- Mathematical Biology
- Numerical Analysis
- Continuum Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
Current members of the department can find more information about our research in our Research Wiki.