Following the success of last year’s inaugural Research Culture Week, it is returning again this year to further enhance our positive and open research culture at the University of Bath.
A programme of events, both in person and online, is available to cover key areas and audiences within our research community.
Research Culture Week will also help to promote and raise awareness of our Research Culture pillars: Career Development, Collegiality, Open Research, Research Design, and Research Integrity and Ethics. More on our Research Culture.
Professor Julie Barnett, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research, who is leading on the University’s Research Culture initiative, says:
It has been really encouraging to see the engagement across the University for Research Culture Week. This is reflected in both last year’s attendance and the even greater involvement from our research community this year to deliver such a dynamic and inclusive programme. We also have a great portfolio of projects funded through the award, which the University received from Research England, and the learning from these projects will be an important part of further enhancing our research culture.
Programme of events
All week: Images of Research, The Edge
Monday 26 June
- 10.00-12.00: Ignite+ Drop-In, East Building 3.01
- 10.30-11.30: Research Professional end-user online demo training
- 12.00-14.00 Preprints: pros and cons
- 14.00- 14.30 Pre-registration and Registered Reports: An Introduction
- 15.00-16.00: Embracing the Mess: Exploring if, when, why, and how to open your qualitative data, 1W 2.104
Tuesday 27 June
- 11.00-13.00: SafePod Demo, The Library
- 12.30-14.00: Inclusive Doctoral Experiences with pizza and drinks hosted by Professor Rajani Naidoo (VP for Community and Inclusion), 10W 2.47
- 15:00- 16:30: Qualitative Research Community of Practice: Exploring and working through Imposter Syndrome as a Qualitative Doctoral Researcher, online
Wednesday 28 June
- 11.00-13.00: The Vice Chancellor’s Engage Awards
- 13.00-14.00: Careers Service Panel: Professional Services roles in HE, online
- 14.00-16.00: Technicians Social with pizza and quiz, 5W
- 14:30:16:00: University of Bath's Research Impact Strategy Information Session - Impact Directors (invite only)
- 15.00-16.00 Doctoral Research Culture Café with afternoon tea, Claverton Rooms
- 19.00-21.00: ESRC IAA Celebratory Event at The Guildhall hosted by the Vice-Chancellor (invite only)
Thursday 29 June
- 13.30-16.00: Responsible Research and Innovation Roundtable, Public Engagement Unit (invite only)
- 14.30-15.30: Sharing research data workshop, 1W 2.01
- 15:30-17:00 University of Bath's Research Impact Strategy Information Session 1W 3.30 (invite only)
Friday 30 June