Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme
If you are from a Commonwealth country and plan to study a full-time taught postgraduate master's (MSc) course, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
About the scheme
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Scheme (CSSS) is a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) and the University, to provide scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries.
To apply for this scholarship scheme, you must come from one of the following eligible Commonwealth countries:
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
You must also plan to study one of the following full-time courses:
- MSc International Development
- MSc International Development with Conflict and Humanitarian Action
- MSc International Development with Economics
- MSc International Development, Social Justice and Sustainability
- MSc Human Computer Interaction
- MSc Sustainable Chemical Engineering
- MSc Molecular Biosciences (Biotechnology)
- MSc Molecular Biosciences (Microbiology)
How to apply
To be awarded the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, you must apply for both:
- the scholarship scheme through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
- an eligible course through the University of Bath
Applying for the scholarship scheme
Apply for the scholarship scheme using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
Applications for the scholarship scheme open on 21 January 2019.
Applying for a master's course at Bath
Find out more about courses eligible for the scholarship scheme using the links under 'Eligibility criteria' on this page.
You can apply for courses using the 'Apply now' button on each course page.
When you're completing the University's application form to study a course, make sure you use the 'Finance' section to say that you want to be considered for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
You must apply to both the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and the University before 16:00 GMT on 14 March 2019 to be eligible for the scholarship scheme.
If you are awarded a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship you must return home within two weeks after submitting your dissertation for examination. You may not attend your graduation ceremony as it is not part of this scholarship scheme.