The ability to motivate and empower teams and to delegate effectively and appropriately is key to any successful people management role. Understanding what motivates and drives those we lead and how we as managers can unlock those drivers to support people in delivering their very best work is a crucial skill.
This interactive two-part workshop, will provide you with the opportunity to take a close look at the art and science of delegation. Through a series of interactive exercises, you will explore your default delegation patterns and your own intrinsic drivers.
We consider what really makes people ‘tick’ and explore the options available to us as managers to delegate clearly and effectively to achieve the best results we can. You will be encouraged to create actionable roadmaps in order to apply the principles of motivation and delegation to your own workplace contexts and to use practical skills and models to develop empowered and motivated teams
During the session you will explore:
- the benefits of effective delegation, empowerment and motivation
- key theories of motivation and how to use them in practice
- how to delegate effectively to feel more resourced as a manager, and when not to.
- This course will be delivered on campus, an in-person event, 1 x 3.5 hour session, including a short break.
- There is a requirement to complete pre-work in advance of attending the in-person session.
- You must be able to commit to all elements.
Who should attend
Anyone with responsibility for managing teams and/or individuals
Steve Wallace, Verosa Ltd