You could get involved in:
- participating in workshops and conferences, both in the UK and other countries
- getting involved as mentors to other SAMBa students through ITTs, student-led symposia, reading courses, and tutoring undergraduate students (time for this is paid)
- working at industrial partner sites for long-term or a series of short visits, as part of a PhD jointly supervised by the partner
- visits to international academic institutions to undertake collaborative research and gain experience working in industry, policy, or a different academic environment
- supporting the delivering of training workshops abroad
- delivering public engagement and outreach activities in Bath and further afield
Third year student Elizabeth tells us about her time in SAMBa so far. A highlight for her has been a trip to Mongolia, to help teach statistics at a workshop on air pollution data and policy.
Adwaye works on machine learning algorithms for use in healthcare, and has benefited from an exciting research visit to Japan.
Malena Sabate Landman
Malena tells us about her time in SAMBa so far, including taking part in academic workshops in Mexico.