Nimbus is hosted on the powerful and highly scalable Microsoft Azure platform, which offers virtually unlimited on-demand HPC computing and storage to meet your specific research needs.
The cloud environment includes the Azure CycleCloud tool, which give you a simple way to configure workloads. It also lets you optimise and scale the HPC infrastructure to meet your evolving research needs. CycleCloud includes the open source Slurm workload manager.
- 2 TB Home storage for user log in
- Up to 256 TB Campaign area for data storage
- Full integration with University of Bath home drive storage
- HBv2-series, HBv3-series, HB-series offering from 16 to 120 AMD CPUs and HC-series offering 44 INTEL CPUs per node
- Fsv2-series offering from 2 to 72 CPUs per node
- NCv3-series, NDv2-series offering from 1 to 8 NVIDIA Tesla V100 GPUs per node
- Mellanox EDR InfiniBand (100 Gb/sec or 200 Gb/s depending on the series)
- Azure CycleCloud for automated configuration and management of the HPC environment
- Slurm for cluster job scheduling
- Modules environment for managing software and applications
- Connect via Secure Shell (SSH) or Open OnDemand (HTTPS)
Use Nimbus for your research
Nimbus is available to academic researchers, PhD students and undergraduate students at the University.