Develop the commercial knowledge and skills required to lead innovative development projects. Gain hands-on experience of creativity tools, decision analysis and product design.
This course is for engineering, science or management graduates who want to develop their innovation and technological/engineering skills.
You will also develop project management, marketing and strategic skills. Learn about management and innovation in complex, global inter-organisational networks.
Two of our top departments, the School of Management and the Department of Mechanical Engineering, deliver this MSc. This unique combination bridges the gap between the two disciplines.
You may also want to look at our related MSc in Engineering Business Management.
- Learn from two leading teaching and research faculties, Management and Engineering & Design
- Our focus is on innovation. You'll learn to do things in a different way to improve results, make important change and improve the environment
- Get international insight from coursemates who come from all over the world
- Learn from students from a variety of backgrounds. Previous students have included mechanical engineers, computer scientists, chemical engineers, economists and social scientists
- Become a future leader in your chosen field. Our students find work in areas like consultancy, project management and governmental innovation programmes
We're ranked Top 50 in Western Europe and 3rd in the UK in the Eduniversal Innovation and Project Management ranking 2021.
We give you the edge
The practical focus of our courses will help you stand out from the crowd. You will develop key skills and work with employers from the start of your course. Find out more about how we prepare you for career success.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD.
Job functions of 2019-20 graduates
- 23% work in consulting
- 14% work in management
- 9% work in project management
- 9% work in marketing/business development
- 9% work in software engineering
- 9% work in engineering
- 9% work in operations/procurement
- 9% work in auditing
- 5% work as an analyst
Recruiters include Atkins, CZ Innovation, Deloitte, Etihad Airways, Network Rail and PwC Consulting LLC.
Data shows role functions of 2019-20 class in full-time employment three months after graduation. Percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number.