Learn today, lead tomorrow
Our career support will help you develop the confidence you need to feel prepared from the moment you step into the interview room.
The practical focus of our courses will give you the skills and knowledge employers are looking for. You’ll interact with businesses from the moment you start your course, discover graduate opportunities and learn what recruiters look for.
Our aim is to get you ready for the next step of your professional journey. We have a dedicated careers team and offer career training for all our MSc students.
Your career support includes:
A dedicated careers advisor
You’ll have access to a dedicated careers advisor who will support you through every step of your job search. Through regular personal meetings your advisor will:
- identify your strengths and interests
- help you make job applications
- help you practise interviews and assessment centre activities
- continue to support you after you graduate
Customised career workshops
Experienced career advisors and graduate recruiters deliver our workshops. This will give you insight into what employers are really looking for. They cover all aspects of the recruitment process. You’ll get help with:
- cover letters
- online applications
- interviews and interview practice
- assessment centres
- support for aptitude tests including maths refresher courses
- skills development
You’ll also improve your teamwork, presentation and networking skills. These are essential for success on your course, for making job applications and once you start work.
Support for international students
Our careers team provides support specifically for international students. This includes:
Support for your job search in the UK
- If you want an internship, we can help you find and apply for one to start after your course
- We’ll provide you with information on getting your work permit sponsored, both on the new points-based system and the Graduate Visa (Post-study work visa). You’ll get up to date information on where to apply, and how to maximise your success
Support for your job search outside the UK
- We have regular webinars with global employers to promote graduate opportunities. We also run Virtual Careers Fairs focused on different sectors and locations. Meet global employers and get prepared for your international job search
- You’ll benefit from our network of nearly 23,000 supportive alumni working in over 130 countries worldwide
Support for entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurship is a key theme at Bath. Many University of Bath graduates go on to become entrepreneurs and business innovators.
Bath SETsquared supports student-led entrepreneurial activities. Find out more about the help SETsquared offer.
Over 21,000 School of Management graduates make up our alumni network. It is a great source of support, advice and information. You’ll also have access to the University’s wider alumni network of over 120,000 graduates. We have more than 24 groups worldwide that help our alumni connect and keep climbing together.
Industry Insight events
Our graduates return to discuss their career and give advice on working in different sectors. You’ll find out about roles, organisations and company cultures.
- events cover a range of industries (like supply chain, marketing or HR)
- find out what working at specific companies is actually like
- learn what strengths and skills employers are looking for
- see what sort of companies and roles will suit you best
- get tips on making successful applications
- hear about out what it’s like to work in the UK and globally