Develop in-depth knowledge of accounting and finance theory and learn to apply it in practice. Graduate prepared for a career in either field.
Receive a theoretical foundation in accounting and finance. You’ll learn to analyse accounting information and financial decisions, and how to apply this knowledge in the real world. Our emphasis on technical and practical skills means you will graduate prepared for a finance or accounting career.
You'll work with and learn from industry experts. This makes sure you'll explore the most topical issues in finance practice. You'll also develop technical skills employers look for like:
- financial modelling
- applications of FinTech
You’ll have the flexibility to choose one of two options for the summer term:
- do a dissertation (either an academic research project or an applied research project)
- do an internship
Internships are not guaranteed. Places are competitive and we advertise opportunities to students.
- Get an advantage in the job market by developing the skills employers want
- Learn the key contemporary issues in finance practice
- Make the course your own. Customise the degree to suit your strengths and ambitions by choosing two optional units from a range of topics.
- Apply academic theory to a practical issue with an optional dissertation alternative. You'll get valuable experience working on a real-life problem.
- Share your knowledge and experiences with students from all our finance courses. You'll gain global insight working with students from all over the world.
We’re ranked Top 5 in the UK for Accounting and Finance in our undergraduate courses in the Guardian University Guide 2023 and The Times and The Sunday Times University Guide 2023.
We give you the edge
We combine the latest research with many opportunities to apply it. This will help you stand out from the crowd. You'll develop key professional skills and work with our partner organisations on optional projects from day one. Find out more about optional activities.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD. Find out more about how we prepare you for career success.
Graduate career data
100% of our 2021 graduates were working or had accepted a job offer within three months of completing their degree. View more graduate career data.
Building for the future
Our new School of Management building opened in June 2022. The latest technology gives you a flexible and modern learning environment. The design focuses on working together, with an open layout to enable effective teamwork.
Our new building encourages engagement with other students and academics. A dedicated Employment Hub provides a space for you to meet and network with our industry partners.
Studying a Finance-related course gives you access to a range of financial databases and terminals like Bloomberg, Refinitiv Workspace (for Datastream/Eikon and Thomson One), Morningstar Direct, Wharton Research Data Services, Mergent and FAME.
Learning and teaching
You’ll learn from staff with backgrounds and expertise in relevant areas of accounting and finance. This course has been designed to ensure the available units complement each other to meet its overall aims.