Develop your understanding of business analytics. You’ll graduate with the skills you need to start a career specialising in data and decision analysis.
This course is for graduates who want to pursue a career in business analytics.
How can companies use ‘big data’ to gain business insight? This course will teach you how to convert data into knowledge. Get hands-on practical experience using the latest business intelligence software and interpreting real data.
This course includes guest lectures from industry experts, and a unit co-delivered by a specialist from IBM.
In partnership with IBM, Qlik, WinPure and the Women in OR & Analytics Network.
- An MSc in Business Analytics gives you a range of career opportunities across different sectors
- Get practical experience in computer programming and the latest business analytics software
- Our small, carefully-selected class sizes allows for plenty of individual interaction with academics, career advisors and industry experts
- Graduate equipped with the skills global employers want. Big data's importance to businesses is growing, and our graduates are in high demand
- A dissertation based on real data might allow you to work with a partner company
- Meetings with graduates, business challenges and careers fairs will give you valuable experience of the global job market
- Get the knowledge and skills to help prepare you to secure your dream job
We're ranked Top 100 in the world and top 10 in the UK for Business Analytics in the QS Business Masters rankings 2023.
We give you the edge
We combine the latest research with many opportunities to apply it. This will help you stand out from the crowd. You'll develop key professional skills and work with our partner organisations on optional projects from day one. Find out more about optional activities.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD. Find out more about how we prepare you for career success.
Graduate career data
83% of our 2021 graduates were working or had accepted a job offer within three months of completing their degree. View more graduate career data.
Building for the future
Our new School of Management building opened in June 2022. The latest technology gives you a flexible and modern learning environment. The design focuses on working together, with an open layout to enable effective teamwork.
The latest technology will give you a flexible and modern learning environment. The design focuses on working together, with an open layout to enable effective teamwork.
Our new building encourages engagement with other students and academics. A dedicated Employment Hub provides a space for you to meet and network with our industry partners.
Learning and teaching
You’ll learn from staff with backgrounds and expertise in relevant areas of business analytics. This course has been designed to ensure the available units complement each other to meet its overall aims.