Learn to become an entrepreneur and develop your management skills. Graduate with the skills you need to launch a business or start your career in management.
This course is for graduates with an undergraduate degree in any subject who want to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll learn the skills you need to pursue a range of entrepreneurial projects from start-up to corporate level.
You will learn how to:
- understand trends
- identify and exploit opportunities
- apply management knowledge to business problems or entrepreneurial ideas
- communicate and pitch your ideas in a persuasive way
- apply entrepreneurial processes across different contexts
Customise your degree with range of optional units. You’ll be able to study fundamental management topics or build upon any existing knowledge with more advanced subjects.
You’ll have the flexibility to choose one of four options for the summer term:
- an independent research project
- work alone or in a group to develop a viable business model. This could be for a new or existing business.
- act as an entrepreneurial advisor for a real start-up or SME, helping them develop a business model for growth
- an entrepreneurship related internship within a start-up or SME
- Network with our graduate entrepreneurs. They will give workshops on pitching, creative thinking, persuasion and negotiation. Enjoy coaching and feedback on your business ideas.
- Experiment with the entrepreneurial process and develop your skills in an open learning environment
- Develop a global outlook by learning and sharing knowledge with students all over the world
- Combine practical experience with the newest, leading research
- Entrepreneurship is a key theme at Bath. We're home to one of the largest research centres on innovation and entrepreneurship in the UK. We also have an entrepreneurship lab, Incepta, in our new School of Management building.
We give you the edge
We combine the latest research with many opportunities to apply it. This will help you stand out from the crowd. You'll develop key professional skills and work with our partner organisations on optional projects from day one. Find out more about optional activities.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD. Find out more about how we prepare you for career success.
Graduate career data
85% of our 2022 graduates had accepted a job offer within three months of completing their degree. View more graduate career data.
Building for the future
Our new School of Management building opened in June 2022. You’ll be able to use our entrepreneurship lab, Incepta, to work with students from across the University on business creation and innovation.
The latest technology gives you a flexible and modern learning environment. The design focuses on working together, with an open layout to enable effective teamwork.
Our new building encourages engagement with other students and academics. A dedicated Employment Hub provides a space for you to meet and network with our industry partners.
Learning and teaching
You’ll learn from teaching staff with backgrounds and expertise in relevant areas of management and entrepreneurship. This course has been designed to ensure the available units complement each other to meet its overall aims. In addition to your core entrepreneurship units, you have the ability to personalise your learning and choose from a vast range of core and advanced management topics, helping you tailor the course to your career aspirations.