Learn strategic management within a global context. You’ll develop a deep understanding of cross-border investments and international business.
This is a specialist course, designed for graduates who want to work in multinational companies or manage in an international context.
This is also a practical course. By applying the latest theory to real-world issues, you'll develop your professional and transferable skills. You’ll graduate ready for a career in international management
You’ll have the flexibility to choose one of three options for the summer term:
- explore an international management issue through an individual research project
- work with one of our partner organisations to solve a real business challenge
- do an internship to demonstrate your knowledge of international management
Internships are not guaranteed. Places are competitive and we advertise opportunities to students.
- Apply academic theory to a practical issue with an optional dissertation alternative. You'll get valuable experience working on a real problem
- Develop the skills to prepare you for a variety of careers. Our 2021-22 graduates went on to work in sales, marketing, consulting, finance and more
- Tailor the course to your interests by selecting four units of your choice
- Get global insights and share experiences with students from all over the world. Our 2022-23 class included 12 different nationalities.
- Top 100 in the world and top 10 in the UK for MSc in Management the QS Business Masters rankings 2024
- Top 5 in the UK for our undergraduate courses in business and management in the Guardian University Guide 2024
- Top 5 in the UK for business, management and marketing in our undergraduate courses in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2024
We give you the edge
We combine the latest research with many opportunities to apply it. This will help you stand out from the crowd. You'll develop key professional skills and work with our partner organisations on optional projects from day one. Find out more about optional activities.
Our graduates have a great employment record. Most go on to careers in a range of areas, start their own business or begin a PhD. Find out more about how we prepare you for career success.
Graduate career data
78% of our 2022 graduates had accepted a job offer within three months of completing their degree. View more graduate career data.
Building for the future
Our new School of Management building opened in June 2022. The latest technology gives you a flexible and modern learning environment. The design focuses on working together, with an open layout to enable effective teamwork.
Our new building encourages engagement with other students and academics. A dedicated Employment Hub provides a space for you to meet and network with our industry partners.
Learning and teaching
You’ll learn from staff with backgrounds and expertise in relevant areas of management. This course has been designed to ensure the available units complement each other to meet its overall aims.