Our partners are the NHS Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, the National University of Mongolia, UNICEF, National Development Agency, Mongolia, National Center for Maternal and Child Health of Mongolia, National Statistics Office, Mongolia.
The partners bring a wide variety of statistical applied mathematics driven-challenges which, through facilitated group work and creation of small, mixed-expertise teams, will be re-formulated into large mathematical questions that can be taken forward as PhD projects. These include:
- Bias, random sampling and disease trajectories
- Small n, big p: can these data rich, numbers poor cohorts be used to predict the unpredictable and identify those patients who would go on to have severe or treatment resistant disease and would benefit from a different treatment approach?
- Computer vision and big data for longitudinal modelling of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Air pollution, weather and lung-related hospital admissions in Ulaanbaatar
- Mongolian Household Survey and UNICEF Mongolia survey
- COVID19 modelling in Mongolia
More information can be found here.