Only research projects are pulled in automatically from Agresso
On a daily basis Pure receives details of all research applications and awards recorded in Agresso since 2008, that is, all research funding with an ‘R’ code.
However, for your Research Activity Report you may wish to record research-related funding, for example, public engagement grants and studentships, or collaborations where no income comes to the University. You may also want to record funding you held at your previous university. On your Research Activity Report all these projects will be classified as ‘Non-funded’.
To add a project click on the green ‘Add new’ button at the top right of the screen and select ‘Project’.
Next, select the most appropriate template. For example, if you are adding a project that you undertook at a previous university, select ‘Project at a former HEI’. If it is research-related funding, including GW4 accelerator or public engagement funds, select ‘Research-related funding’.
General rules to filling in the template
- Fields marked with a red asterisk are mandatory
- Link your project to your other content in Pure, in particular your research outputs
- Remember to save your record before you close it
Filling in the template
- 'Nature of activity type': categorise the type of funding you received
- 'Title': use the formal title of the grant if it had one. If not, choose a title that will be meaningful to you and others in the future
- 'Total funding (non-Agresso projects)': add the value of the grant
- 'Description': the first line should be the funder
- 'Participants': add internal or external people
- 'Collaborative partners': add details of your collaborative internal and external organisations, for example universities and stakeholder groups
- 'Life cycle': you must add a start and end date for your project to appear in your Research Activity Report. The dates can be approximated
- 'Related applications and awards': link to your related applications and awards held in Pure
- 'Project relations': link your project to your other projects in Pure and define their temporal relationships. For example, was the project seedcorn funding that has now led to a full application, or was it public engagement funding to disseminate the findings of another project?