Alumni Fund Placement Grants
A guide for students applying for an Alumni Fund Placement Grant
Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, six grants, each worth £2,000, are available to students going on placement over the 2019/2020 academic year.
To be eligible for a grant, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be undertaking an approved placement as part of your degree.
- Demonstrate that the receipt of a grant will make a real impact on your ability to undertake, or make the most of, your placement opportunity.
- Demonstrate that the placement will contribute to building employability skills and career goals, either in industry or research.
Two grants will be awarded in March 2019, two in May 2019 and two will be available on an ad hoc basis. Applications for a grant may be made before a placement offer has been made, however if you are unsuccessful in your placement application you will not receive a grant.
If you would like to apply, please contact your Placement Officer in the first instance.
Placement Officers should then send an email containing the information below to Molly Southwood, Head of Alumni Engagement
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, and generally within two weeks of the application email being received. Decisions are made be made by a panel of representatives from Development & Alumni Relations, Student Services and the Careers Service.
Application emails should contain the following information:
- Student’s Name and email address
- Course and Year of Study
- Details of the placement, including duration, location, salary or stipend details and if an offer has been received or not
- A short paragraph outlining why the student should receive the grant, demonstrating that the receipt of a grant will make a real impact on their ability to undertake, or make the most of, their placement opportunity and that the placement will contribute to building employability skills and career goals, either in industry or research. (This can be written by the student).
Applications received from students directly will not be accepted.