The Bath Beacons initiative is supporting our research community to tackle major research challenges by building consortia for large-scale funding.
About Bath Beacons
The Bath Beacons initiative empowers our research community to build our research profile by tackling major research challenges, aimed exclusively at developing consortia for large-scale funding bids.
The scheme will work by aligning national priorities and specific funding opportunities with existing and emerging areas of research strength. It adopts an inclusive and bottom-up approach to building interdisciplinary research teams through the use of sandpit-style events.
Support is available from the grant preparation process to the institutional support required for developing and running these proposed largescale research activities.
See our announcements for more on this:
Bath Beacons Steering Group
Membership of the Steering Group is as follows:
- Richard Butler, Mechanical Engineering
- Iulia Cioroianu, Politics Languages and International Studies (PoLIS)
- Matt Cole, Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- David Coley, Architecture and Civil Engineering (ACE)
- Matt Davidson, Chemistry
- Marianne Ellis, Chemical Engineering
- Fiona Gillison, Department for Health
- Mike Lewis, School of Management
- Jody Mason, Biology and Biochemistry
- Eamonn O'Neill, Computer Science
- Theresa Smith, Mathematical Science
- Vivek Soundararajan, School of Management
- Carol Taylor, Education
This group will be complemented by the Associate Deans (Research) and meetings will be Chaired by the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research). The Group will meet at least 10 times during the year and are keen to communicate the direction of activities and receive ideas and feedback from colleagues.
You can search for large-scale funding to support a Bath Beacons consortia through the Research Professional funding database. See the embedded search for the latest calls. Please note, campus login is required.