What is UoB-IoT
‘UoB-IoT’ is a Wi-Fi network that you can connect to if your device does not have access to ’eduroam’.
UoB-IoT uses the latest Wi-Fi security, encrypting the connection between devices and access points by requiring a unique, per device password, issued during UoB-IoT registration.
How you connect to UoB-IoT
How you connect your devices to UoB-IoT depends on whether you know the MAC addresses of your devices. Your MAC address is a hardware identification number that uniquely identifies each device on a network.
Connecting to UoB-IoT if you know your MAC address
- Visit the Network Device Registration page
- Sign in using your University username and password
- Select Register New Device from the left-hand menu. This will open the 'Register a Network Device' form
- Enter your device name and device MAC address into the relevant fields
- Click “Create Device”
- You will see a Wi-Fi Password has been generated and is now displayed; you will need to use this when joining this device to the UoB-IoT network
If you need to go back and change something, you can go to the ‘Manage Devices’ page. You will receive an email confirmation to your University account which will contain a copy of the UoB-IoT password for your devices.
Connecting to UoB-IoT if you do not know your MAC address
- Open the Wi-Fi settings on your device
- Select 'UoB-IoT' from the list, and enter the password 'register', when prompted
- Your device may automatically show you the device registration page. If not, open a web browser on your device and visit netreg.bath.ac.uk
- Enter your university username and password
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- You will receive a Wi-Fi password, which is only valid for this device. We advise that you take note of it
- Your device should disconnect from the network. If not, restart your device
- Open the Wi-Fi settings and select 'UoB-IoT' from the list, enter the password from step 6 above