No-detriment and assessment guidance 2019/20
A quick reference guide to the documentation that was available online about no-detriment and assessment measures applicable in the 2019/20 academic year.
The information you can find here
This page includes links to the documentation that was available online about no-detriment and assessment measures applicable to the 2019/20 academic year.
Information for the 2020/21 academic year
The latest information about no-detriment measures for the 2020/21 academic year can be found via our main Exams & Assessments page.
Formal documentation for 2019/20
COVID-19: No-detriment measures for taught student outcomes 2019-20 - Included the following documents:
- COVID-19 No-Detriment Measures for Taught Student Outcomes - Student Explainer
- Undertaking your Assessments - summarised the no-detriment measures that applied to assessment, whether or not to submit an Individual Mitigating Circumstances (IMC) Claim, and what would happen if a student was unable to complete coursework by the submission deadline, or had technical difficulties
- UG Finalist no-detriment and classification safety net - summarised the general no-detriment measures that applied to undergraduate finalists, and the classification 'safety-net'
- UG Non-Finalist no-detriment and classification safety net - summarised the general no-detriment measures and the classification 'safety-net', and what it meant for first-year undergraduate students and undergraduate non-finalists who, in 2019/20, were in in a part/stage of a programme that was weighted towards the final award classification
- PGT no-detriment and classification safety net - summarised the general no-detriment measures that applied to PGT students, and the classification 'safety-net'
Quality Assurance statement: Arrangements for the delivery of Assessment during COVID-19 disruption - This statement contained information on the following aspects of delivery of alternative assessments to replace on-campus examinations:
- Scheduling and set up of remote, alternative assessments
- Expectations during the assessment window, including academic integrity and support for students
- Expectations for marking and moderation of alternative assessments
Quality Assurance statement: Arrangements for Boards of Examiners during COVID-19 disruption - This statement contained information on the following aspects of delivery of Boards of Examiner operations during COVID-19 disruption:
- Operation and composition of BEU and BEP
- Decision-making guidance, including the application of no-detriment measures
- Operation and composition of BEU and BEP
Online guides and FAQs for 2019/20
Coronavirus (COVID-19): FAQs for students on learning and assessments - This guide provided information on changes being made to learning and assessments as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Academic decision-making for taught degrees - A guide to how we have made academic decisions in order to award our degrees, and the actions we took in light of COVID-19 disruption during the 2019/20 academic year
Messages to the student community in 2019/20
- Important update on COVID-19 and assessments - A message from Professor Peter Lambert, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Learning & Teaching), on 8 April 2020
- Emails to all students on coronavirus - a single page listing each of these emails sent to the student community around COVID-19, assessment and 'no-detriment':
- CoVID 19, Assessment and 'No Detriment': email on 2 Apr
- Important update on COVID-19 and assessments - email on 8 April
- Additional information on no-detriment - April 22
- Update on exam timetables and no detriment measures - 1 May
- Update on PGT and continuing UG no-detriment - 7 May 2020
- Best wishes during the assessment period - 26 May 2020
Related assessment and results guides
- Student Guide to Assessment: 2019/20 Semester 2 assessment period - included links to the assessments schedule
- Student Guide to Assessment: 2019/20 supplementary assessment period - included links to the 2019/20 supplementary assessments schedule
- Understanding your results - 2019/20 - Provided information to students on taught programmes about:
- how results were considered in 2019/20 under the University’s no-detriment measures
- what would happen next if a student was eligible for a first attempt at an assessment during the supplementary period
- answers to common questions about results.
- Academic Decision Codes for 2019/20 - A list of the progression and award decision codes students received for the 2019/20 academic year, and the full meaning of each of those codes
- The 2019/20 Semester 2 exams schedule - this timetable is no longer available online. For a copy please email us
- The 2019/20 supplementary exams schedule - this timetable is no longer available online. For a copy please email us
Exam schedules for the 2020/21 academic year can be found via our main Exams & assessments page.