Skip to main content

Reporting a lost or stolen University device

You must report a lost or stolen University mobile phone, laptop or tablet to EE, the Police and the University.

Reporting process

  1. Use the Police's report my loss service for a lost device. To report a stolen device, you should go to the nearest Police station or call 101. They will provide you with a crime number.
  2. Tell EE about the loss or theft.
  3. Report the loss or theft to the IT Shop, either in person or by phone on 01225 386201. They will:
    • use device manager to lock your phone
    • start the process of getting a replacement
    • help you raise a claim with Insurance Services


If you have any questions, please contact us.